Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.security.alarms

Default Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad atonce?)

Danny D'Amico wrote:

On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 15:50:17 -0600, RTS wrote:

Dude, it looks to me like you got a bad module..

It seems that all three test bad:
1. The transformer has an open secondary
2. The low-voltage protection module has an open cap
3. The alarm system simply beeps when I plug in 12VDC

I plugged the 13.5V battery, without the ELK TRG1640 ac charger and
without the D135A low-voltage-protection board, into the
Radionics D2212B alarm system board.

The alarm beeped continuously, without any other indication of
working, and the current I measured was 98 ma continuous:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7370/1...4f8a7d31_o.gif

Can all that really happen simply by shutting off the 200Amp main
breaker without also turning off the automatic power generator?

It's more likely that there were problems, and the situation wouldn't
let it start working again.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.