Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Nightcrawler® Nightcrawler® is offline

Default Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

"Danny D'Amico" wrote in message ...
On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 21:48:11 -0600, Hot-Text wrote:

Alarm system transformer + power supply
(would both go bad at once?)
NO

I'm not sure what to make of these measurements:

snip

What are the voltage measurements of the pins by the
capacitor?

What connects to this connector?

What connects to J1 and J2 (GND and PWR post, respectively)?

That black object between J1 and J2 is a relay. This relay needs
to be activated by something, and I am guessing a power failure
deactivates this relay, enabling the battery back-up.

So, are J1 and J2 inputs with the connector being the output, or
vice versa?