Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster Brewster is offline

Default 12 volt lithium battery drill/impact driver- recommendations?

On 11/23/13 9:23 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/23/2013 10:02 AM, Brewster wrote:

I have about a half dozen around the house protecting various things,
Any UPS should have batteries that last years if all you get are short
power 'blips'. Around here, if it isn't just a blip, it usually will
last for about an hour (I guess that means a crew had to be dispatched).
I see a definite correlation with battery replacements being more
frequent on my cheap vs. 'good' UPSs.

When my home flooded with 3' water in 2001 at 1AM, the first thing I did
was wade through water to cut off the electricity.

Prudent thing to do ... but tell that to the four, submerged, UPS' that
immediately kicked in.

But at least you didn't need to reset your clocks or reboot your
computers right 8^)