Posted to alt.home.repair
bud-- bud-- is offline

Default 220V dryer sparked on startup (3 wire) What to test?

On 11/22/2013 11:25 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
writes:
On 11/21/2013 8:19 PM, Nightcrawler® wrote:

wrote in message
eb.com...
On 11/21/2013 8:45 AM, Danny D'Amico wrote:
On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:58:37 -0600, Nightcrawler® wrote:

There is adequate space in your meter-main to add another neutral bus.

Then you have to figure out how to connect the second bus to the first
one.

Not much of a problem.

How would you suggest Danny connect a second neutral bar?

A length of appropriately sized wire would likely be my suggestion.

Danny knows what an "appropriately sized wire" is?

What I remember is there are a lot of breaker positions in the panel
that are not used, and as a result a lot of neutral bar positions not
used. I don't remember that a second neutral bar is necessary.

It is easy to add a ground bar - there should be a SquareD ground bar on
the label that can be used.

Adding a neutral bar is not nearly as easy. Does SquareD list one on the
label? Can you find a UL listed one? How to connect it?