Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster Brewster is offline

Default 12 volt lithium battery drill/impact driver- recommendations?

On 11/17/13 12:38 PM, Mike wrote:

Lamps? No, flipping the switch takes care of that just like the timer
on the charger does. Everything in the entertainment center is
connected to a power strip.

Chargers also present a small power drain even when no batteries are
present. My two Milwaukee chargers (NiMH and Li) draw about 10 watts
when unloaded. Put them on a timer for 1 hour a day and the trickle
charge will keep the batteries up if needed and you can save a few watts
(over the losses in powering the timer) and maybe help pay for a new
battery after several years. Of course it makes no financial sense to
buy a new timer, but if you are like me and have several just sitting in
a 'junk' box on a shelf....

-Bruce