Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Light bulbs

While I was in Europe I saw these Osram light bulbs. They are much better
than the Chinese garbage sold in the U.S. They are reliable and economical.

http://www.osram.com/media/resource/...ts-new--gb.pdf

Anyone have any idea why they’re not sold here?

*The two electrical supply companies that I mostly deal with are Sylvania
distributors. They can get me any product made by Osram Sylvania, however
for some items I would need to buy a full case.

http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/produc...s/default.aspx

There is a tremendous variety of bulbs available for sale by several
different manufacturers. Your local retailer mostly sells products that
move quickly off the shelves and low pricing is a driving force behind that
movement. Companies that stock inventory that doesn't move must pay an
inventory tax each year on whatever is on their shelves. This is part of
the reason why replacement parts for various things are expensive. Over the
years I have witnessed supply houses throwing out brand new merchandise
because it was sitting on the shelf for years and they would have to pay tax
on the same stuff year after year. I don't think a local retailer wants to
bet that consumers are willing to pay a higher price for a superior product
when the big box store down the road has a similar product for much less
money.

You might try searching online to find a web site that sells what you are
after. Many of those sites sell products that ship directly from the
manufacturer.