Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Which screws to use for 2 x 4 construction?

"nestork" wrote in message

'Oren[_2_ Wrote:
;3153532']On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:55:18 -0600,
wrote:
-
Nails dont break, they just dont
grip as good-

Better check both of those assumptions, Home Guy!

Oren, I don't see that Caulking-Gunn said anything I
wouldn't agree with.

Nails don't break. It's true. In my limited experience
banging on the heads of nails with a hammer, I have never
broken a nail. I've bent lots of 'em, but nary a one
broke on me.

Nails don't grip as good. Well, it depends on the nail,
I guess.

Pulling ring shank nails with a claw hammer is like
fighting with a bear.
Spiral shank and cement coated nails aren't as bad.

Smooth shank nails are a carefree run through an Irish
meadow in spring time.

Unless they have been driven at an angle. OK, they are still easy to pull
out but pieces of wood held with two or more driven at an angle don't
separate very well. Or often.

--

dadiOH

Check it out...