Edwin Pawlowski

Default Dust collection flex tubing, what's good?

"Mark L." wrote in message
news
Edwin,
One of the recent wood mags (not sure which one) says PVC is not good
for DC. Just can't remember why not. I know it's easy to just glue up
and you're ready, but I would like to know why PVC won't work.
Mark L.

Because people will lead you to believe that if you use non-grounded plastic
there will be an explosion bigger than the H-bomb.

Where I work, we move 20,000 pounds of material a day through 4" pvc.
Probably half of our industry does. I use pvc in my shop with good
results. Just emptied the DC last night, in fact.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome