Posted to alt.home.repair
Nightcrawler® Nightcrawler® is offline

Default How does the typical mains power connect in the USA anyway?

"Nightcrawler®" wrote in message ...

wrote in message news:3e983326-6c10-4862-9abf-
This is correct. My issue with the example provided was that there
were an A phase and a B phase shown, inline, left to right. I have
yet to see a panel with this layout. Even with three phase panels,
the layout is A, B, C. Top to bottom, identical on both sides of
the panel. The only deviation that I have seen is when the bus
tabs are used for the main breaker input, and this only causes the
loss of two connection points in the panel. This is a very common
practice in MCC distribution panels. So, 22 circuits... :-)

I meant to state load center, not distribution panel. Might as well
quit before the brain keeps a fartin'.