Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Wire connection torquing ?

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:00:18 -0600, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

The instructor at my last code refresher class talked about
properly torquing wiring connections. He said he went through a
building one time checking the connections. Few or none were torqued
properly.
I'm just curious if any of the pros here actually torque connections.
A quarter turn from breaking the screw is how people in my acquaintance
do it. Me included.

Isn't a pro required to torque lugs on an electrical breaker panel at
initial install of the panel? ISTR reading that.

Then I asked myself, do they use a torque wrench and how much torque
lbs. is required or specified? Is there some document from the panel
manufacturer?