Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wire connection torquing ?

On 11/22/2013 6:00 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

The instructor at my last code refresher class talked about
properly torquing wiring connections. He said he went through a
building one time checking the connections. Few or none were torqued
properly.
I'm just curious if any of the pros here actually torque connections.
A quarter turn from breaking the screw is how people in my acquaintance
do it. Me included.

How would you know when it's about to break?

I've heard anecdotes about people put wire nuts
on with pliers, cause the instructor tests em
all, and tries to undo them. I often have to do
two wire nuts. I put electrical tape over the
both of them, for extra protection and also to
help keep them from twisting off.

--
..
Christopher A. Young