Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt[_10_] Matt[_10_] is offline

Default Is it handmade, or do my machines disqualify that term?

On 11/22/2013 10:44 AM, passerby wrote:

replying to John Linck , passerby wrote:
toymakerjohn* wrote:

Handmade or Machine Made? Many folks have questions about my toys and how I make then. A frequent
que stion is, Are these toys handmade? It is a simple query that
requires *a complicated answer. Sure they are handmade, my two hands. But, always a

but, I use a variety of tools. More at http://johnthetoymaker.wordpress.com...-machine-made/

Going to Sugarloaf and other crafts festivals over the last 10 years or
so, I would say it's trending more towards "if it's not made in China,
it's handmade (enough)" - the actual tools of the trade don't seem to
matter much.
*I use tools (lathe, sandpaper, etc.) to make the pens I make, and table saw, router, etc. to make decorative boxes.* If anyone asks, "Yes, it's hand made."* The tools used are just that - tools necessary to accomplish the final result.

Matt