nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Also, friction is one of the least well understood phenomenon in the world. It takes less total work to zip a drywall screw in with a drywall gun spinning at 30,000 rpm than it does to wrist twist it in by hand or with a cordless drill turning slower. So, while it's not enough to be noticable, higher speeds will overcome friction better than slower speeds.

Deck screws where I live come with Robertson drive heads, and I find those vastly superior to Phillips or slot because you can apply way more torque to the screw head without the drive slipping or coming out of the screw head. Look around to see if you can buy Robertson drive deck screws where you live. In addition, a Robertson drive will jam into the screw head so that you can hold the screw upside down on your screw driver or cordless drill without the screw falling off. You can't do that with Phillips or slot.

Last edited by nestork : November 22nd 13 at 05:34 PM