Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default How long does it take hazard lights to kill a vehicle's battery?

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 11/21/2013 11:50 AM, TimR wrote:

Many years ago I worked in northern Wisconsin. One of my coworkers

would arrive, start the oil draining while he disconnected his battery, and
bring both inside the building. He was so skilled at these tasks they
hardly added any time to his commute.

At the end of the shift he'd pour the warm oil back in, reconnect the

warm battery, and start his car. Then often he'd jump the rest of us before
he went home himself.

That's no longer necessary with the improvements in cars.

When I lived in Philadelphia in the earlyh 70's, I had a 1964 Karman
Ghia. I did bring the battery in the house at night. I did not have a
problem at work because I parked on a hill and could get rolling and
pop the clutch.

The Karman Ghia body design was as far ahead for it's time as the VW beetle
wasn't. I'll bet that body style could easily be revived today - it really
was a standout. Did you have the easy open (with a knife) ragtop, the
hardshell removable top or the hardtop?

--
Bobby G.