Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Coroded Electrical Contacts Restore

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message

Remove the corrosion with vinegar or acid (ammonia)-
based window cleaner.

Ammonia is an alkali, not an acid. I've used household ammonia for years, and
never had problems. Once the contacts were cleaned, they stayed clean.

There are disagreements among us as to whether Energizers or Duracells are
more likely to leak. Every modern battery that has leaked in my equipment has
been a Duracell. I don't use them, unless they're the only batteries
available.