Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default How does the typical mains power connect in the USA anyway?

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 07:08:23 -0800, TimR wrote:

By the way you are dead wrong on the 6 wires thing. That part I do remember.

I was always of the opinion that the ground was the second set of three wires.
That is, the power company grabs electrons from the ground, and then it sends
those electrons over three wires, 120 degrees out of phase, and then the
electrons return to the power company through the ground.

It's a huge loop. At least the way I understand it.

BTW, here are six wires, but they're not the same thing!
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7456/1...349dd5b6_o.gif