Posted to alt.home.repair
Nightcrawler® Nightcrawler® is offline

Default 220V dryer sparked on startup (3 wire) What to test?

"Danny D'Amico" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 20:12:23 -0600, Nightcrawler® wrote:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7292/1...4ba18de1_o.png

That is not a Square D panel, but no matter. Not all panels are the same.
With your panel it goes A-A, drops down a breaker and goes B-B.

Ah! Now it starts to make more sense! I was trying to figure that
out and just couldn't.

I'm amazed at what you can tell just by looking at a panel.
I see, well, I see 'stuff' - but you see AA, BB, etc.

It is more familiarity and years of experience. Plus the knowledge
of how things are supposed to work. The example you provided was
beyond odd.