Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why do lap joints work?

Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

No doubt due to supply and demand, I see Taylor using a lot of
"Sapele" on their guitars these days. I never heard of it before
they started using it.

http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/woods

Do a search for the 710CE, Bill. That's the acoustic I have, except
mine is blonde, not stained. Very nice guitars.

My recollection was that the Taylor 700 Series had Mahogany bodies,
(and that the 800 series had Rosewood bodies). The website describes
both as being made with Rosewood. Yes, very nice guitars. It's
curious that our interests overlap so much (there's even a pun to be
found with the name of this thread). I played a CD by Mance Lipscomb
on the way to work today. "Freddie poor boy, he got mad, with a gun,
in his hand...".

Hey Bill - here's a link to an original on my Taylor... Warning - we did
this in my living room, with the only digital camcorder we own. Quality is
less than optimal.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

--

-Mike-