Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How long does it take hazard lights to kill a vehicle's battery?

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 05:52:22 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

LED bulbs draw much less current so battery would last longer

the batterys age makes a big difference too.

my 3 year old van battery died recently after the radio played for 2 to 3 hours.

i was cleaning and reorganizing my van.

I have a boost charger so it was no big deal, but it told me its time to replace the battery....

mine shouldnt of died so quickly, since i do the clean up the work van several times a year

Modern car radios can take a surprising amount of juice. My vehicles
don't even have an "accessory" ignition position. There is no way to
play the radio with the engine off, once the door opens. But, yes, if
it killed your battery in 2 or 3 hours, the battery was past due for
replacement.