Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why do lap joints work?

Just Wondering wrote:

Sounds like you would have fit in at Callahan's place.

Oh hell - I can fit in most any place except for the head banging real
grunge stuff. I was raised with Country playing on the radio so there is a
real soft spot in my heart for the old country stuff - not so much for the
contemporary stuff. I'm a died in the wool David Allan Coe fan, I like
Merle, some George, not much Johnny, a ton of Waylon, not really any of
Willy. I love some of the old Jim Reeves stuff, and some of those older
guys but there just aren't that many people still alive that recognize their
music anymore.

But - I'm a rock guy inside my stained underwear. But - I have a very
diverse catalog of songs so that I can fit in most anywhere I find myself.
Central NY is (believe it or not...), mostly country. If you want to play
in a bar and be well received, you better have a bunch of country in your
knickers, and a bunch more Skynyrd. You can get a few ZZ Top tunes in but
you better slide a Skynyrd tune in there after a few. So - I mix it up at
the open mic nights. I do some Moody Blues (NOT Nights in White Satin...),
some Neil Diamond, some Merle, some originals. You'd be surprised at how
you can get a room rocking with a Monkeys tune (I'm a Believer). Who'd a
ever thunk it?

As for fitting in at Callahan's Place - I think I might have met Mike
Callahan at some point in my life...

--

-Mike-