Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is this steel tub called?

Glenn B wrote:
On 27/09/2013 2:44 AM, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus17910 wrote:
I have this steel tub: http://goo.gl/O9UYWn

I do not need it and want to sell it, but I would like to know what it
is called. It is meant for carrying heavy material using a crane or
forklift.

Not sure what that is, but I do have a question. Do you have in stock any
stainless steel chemical mixing tanks in the 5 to 10 gallon range? The
bottom can be flat, round or cone shaped. The application is mixing fairly
reactive photochemicals, so the stainless steel is a must. Plastic
scratches too easily and is harder to clean.

Do you have beer kegs in your part of the world that are stainless?

I see them for $30 secondhand in my classified pages. They may make a
good mixing vessel. Smooth bottom inner surface for easy cleaning.

good call. I'll have to check this out. Cutting one open should can be the first use of my "leytool"
hacksaw. For years, I had no idea what the things was.