Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is this steel tub called?

wrote:
On Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:44:45 PM UTC-4, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus17910 wrote:

I have this steel tub:
http://goo.gl/O9UYWn

I do not need it and want to sell it, but I would like to know what it

is called. It is meant for carrying heavy material using a crane or

forklift.

Not sure what that is, but I do have a question. Do you have in stock any

stainless steel chemical mixing tanks in the 5 to 10 gallon range? The

bottom can be flat, round or cone shaped. The application is mixing fairly

reactive photochemicals, so the stainless steel is a must. Plastic

scratches too easily and is harder to clean.

Where are you located? I see stainless tanks at the scrap yard. Do you need it totally enclosed? Most of the tanks are bigger than 10 gallons.

Dan

I'm in Chicago. They can be open as long as chemical stick mixer can be clamped to the side (I use a
Lightnin unit about a foot and a half long) There can't be seams that trap crud or the last batch of
stuff.