Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Usenet on life support

As I mentioned, I did some looking on Yahoo for woodworking groups. Most
seem to be aimed at a limited audience, like Shopsmith owners or
luthiers. The few that seem to be general are not very active.

I'm surprised. There are several Yahoo groups on model RRs and tropical
fish that are quite active. Why not woodworking?

I did check out the web sites mentioned here by others. I don't like
that interface any more than Mike M. does. The reason I looked on Yahoo
is that their groups allow one to read and write via email, much like
posting to and reading a newsgroup. No web interface involved. With the
bonus that photos and files can be uploaded as well, but that does
require visiting the website.

Since few people have access to Usenet anymore, at least without paying,
and most new users have never heard of it, would there be any interest by
the wreck in starting up a general woodworking Yahoo group?

--
This message was for rec.woodworking - if it appears in homeownershub
they ripped it off.