Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default 220V dryer sparked on startup (3 wire) What to test?

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 20:48:17 -0600, Nightcrawler® wrote:

That is why one aims for the corners. Less flex.

We were told that, if we were stuck inside the car (say, we ran into
a lake or something), that you can't open the doors after the first
few seconds, and, the door won't open until something like 30 seconds
after the car settles into the mud (and maybe not even then).

So, if the door wouldn't open, then try the windows, but, often they
won't open either (due to shorts), so you're only bet is to unhook
the seatbelt and smash out the window.

The way, they said, to smash a window, sans tools anyway, is to
kick at the BIG side (not the small side).

The big side, of course, is the side where the door opens, but
I'm not sure if we kick there just because it's bigger, or,
because it might be weaker on the big side.