Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default OT Telegraph Global warming.

On 21/11/2013 09:06, Terry Fields wrote:
Nightjar wrote:

On 21/11/2013 00:04, Sam Plusnet wrote:

Some people have strong views on this topic & like to air them over &
over. Fine, no problem, but... why here?

Surely a separate usenet group where people can exchange views on this
topic (which generates so much heat) makes sense?

As I said, just an idea.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that there is just such a group.
However, I suspect it would not attract the (mostly) informed discussion
of the subject we get here. In any case, I like long threads that wander
off into different areas. If you don't, most readers allow you to mark a
thread as to be ignored.

Perhaps instead of marking the relevant threads with "OT:", we should
prefix the Subject: line with "GW:"? Then people could filter out the
threads if they didn't want to see them.

Might be worth reminding thunderbird users of the "kill subthread"
(shift k - or on the Messages menu) option... Lets you ignore bits of
threads that have taken a turn for the less interesting.

--
Cheers,

John.