Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default Interlinked Smoke Alarms

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 14:13:41 +0000, MM wrote:

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:28:40 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hello,

I presently have two mains interlinked smoke alarms with battery back up. Unfortunately one is faulty and keeps sounding. I have tried cleaning it with a hoover but no luck. I am interested in whether all mains interlinked smoke alarms with batteries are the same. Basically, if I bought another two interlinked alarms that were a different make could I simply replace the current two by copying the connections?

In my house, when this started happening with one of the alarms, I
could only silence all three by replacing the batteries in all three.
Then, finally, the chirping ceased.

Mine chirp every 30s when the battery is low. Typically this happens
in the middle of the night. When it happened last time I had no spare
batteries and discovered that, even when the battery was removed, the
chirping continued.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?