nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Derbydad:

Thanks for your response, and I acknowledge that I didn't see the brass P-trap you linked to in your post.

But, when I bought my building, ALL of my kitchen sinks had brass P-traps like the one in the photo, but mine were all soldered together rather than adjustable. The problem I had with them was that the clean out had a fine thread on it, and I found that the brass on those threads would dezincify. That's where the brass turns reddish brown and crumbles under the force of a screw driver. I replaced all those circa 1960 commercial brass p-traps with ABS P-traps. I expect brass metallurgy is better today than it was in 1960, but I just don't see the need to buy a brass P-trap for several times the cost when plastic stands up to water and time so much better.