Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Plusnet Sam Plusnet is offline

Default OT Telegraph Global warming.

In article ,
says...

On 20/11/2013 21:10, Sam Plusnet wrote:
How about setting up a new usenet group along the lines of
uk.discussion.global-warming

Then people who like to mumble about this topic can wibble to their
hearts content and not pretend it's anything to do with DIY.

Just an idea.

If you want to stick to strictly DIY subjects, you are in the wrong
group. This one has developed into one where a wide range of subjects
are open for discussion, but people can also get some very good advice
about DIY, if they need it. IMO that makes it a much more interesting group.

I think you've misrepresented what I said.

I made no comment about sticking strictly to DIY, but this particular
topic seems to attract long threads which are quite distinct from the
other matter raised here.

Some people have strong views on this topic & like to air them over &
over.
Fine, no problem, but... why here?

Surely a separate usenet group where people can exchange views on this
topic (which generates so much heat) makes sense?

As I said, just an idea.

--
Sam