Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Eyeware For Close Work On Very Small Objects?

gregz wrote:

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Rich Webb:
Get an Optivisor. http://www.doneganoptical.com/products/optivisor

But it does not focus, right?

i.e. your vision needs to be already corrected to 20-20 before you use
it.

??

I often used regular cheap reading glasses along with the visor. I had to
remove any glasses when using the microscope.

Greg

Yes, I take my glasses off when using a microscope. Then, I have to
tweak the eyepiece focus adjustments to opposite limits, because
my eyes are massively mismatched. 20:500 in one eye and 20:250 in the
other. But, getting your eyes right up close to the eyepieces gives
you a much wider field of view. You lose all the astigmatism
correction of your prescription eyewear, but the magnification
WAY more than makes up for it. (Also, a good STRONG workpiece light
system closes your pupils down so there really isn't much astigmatism
to worry about.)

Jon