Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Is it a Carport or Garage?

Bob_Villa wrote:
On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 9:16:41 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

There are some that believe that parking a vehicle in a garage in the

winter promotes rust, assuming you live in an area where salt is used.

I've heard that of heated garages...there is more chemical reaction with
melting and freezing. AFAIK

Well, the term "heated garage" can be ambiguous.

I have no heat ducts in my garage, but it is attached to the house and
rarely gets below freezing so the snow and slush will melt. Is that a
"heated garage" with respect to this discussion?

A garage with the sun beating down on it could also get above freezing. Is
that a "heated garage" with respect to this discussion?