Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Interlinked Smoke Alarms

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:28:40 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hello,

I presently have two mains interlinked smoke alarms with battery back up. Unfortunately one is faulty and keeps sounding. I have tried cleaning it with a hoover but no luck. I am interested in whether all mains interlinked smoke alarms with batteries are the same. Basically, if I bought another two interlinked alarms that were a different make could I simply replace the current two by copying the connections?

In my house, when this started happening with one of the alarms, I
could only silence all three by replacing the batteries in all three.
Then, finally, the chirping ceased.

MM