Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Interlinked Smoke Alarms

On 20/11/2013 09:28, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 01:07:03 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Basically, if I bought another two interlinked alarms that were a
different make could I simply replace the current two by copying

the
connections?

Alas no... it might work but there is no guarantee. Stick to the same
brand as already fitted.

Read what is written. Mixing and matching makes probably won't work
but the OP intends to buy two new alarms and replace the two old
ones.

Yup, I see your point, although he did not say how many alarms there are
in total.

If there are only two, and he is replacing both, then I agree that will
be fine.

AFAIK all mains interlinked alarms use 3 core and earth so it would
just be a case of wiring in the new bases as per their instructions.

You may even find if they have a standardised base, you can just swap
the alarms and leave the old bases.

--
Cheers,

John.