Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] none@none.com is offline

Default Usenet on life support

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 06:58:54 -0500, "dadiOH"
So what's left? Well, the merits of different tools and brands of tools,
ditto for finishes. Plus various OT stuff. What is needed is more people -
newbies or not - asking questions. To that end, see my soon-to-be post,
"Why do lap joints work?"

I'd also add the merits of new tools, what works what doesn't. I
didn't hear about the Domino until a year or two after it came on the
market. I'd have loved to see some of the original comments from
professional users after they experienced it for the first time.

As to the need for newbies, it's getting harder to find them for
woodworking. When I was in high school a little over forty years ago,
even then they were phasing out woodshop and autoshop. Nowadays, the
first exposure and interest is computers and new technology. Very
little is left for beginning woodworkers to get introduced to the
craft.