Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Follow these links, Calvin!

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 13:49:36 -0800 (PST), Calvin
wrote:

Hi,

My WallStar oil boiler (through-the-wall but otherwise conventional, non-condensing, not "system") has developed a fault which I feel is probably easy to fix if someone can help me understand how it's meant to work...

It locks out at some point but then is quite happy to start again if I press the lockout button (inside the outer cover on the burner itself). I've been "playing" and I get the feeling that it behaves itself better if the temperature control is set lower, although at the moment that's just my impression.
I wondered if the flow rate might be compromised somehow (maybe pump going faulty) but I can't hear any kettling.

Any ideas or pointers anyone? Please.

Read the posts at the links below to uk.d-i-y.

In short, the problem turned out to be the pump. But read 'em anyway,
because it should give you great insight into the boiler's various key
components, any of which, if failed, will cause a major problem.

My boiler, once fixed with the new pump and fire valve, has been
running now for a year (touch wood!) without any problem whatsoever.

Curious behaviour of my Wallstar boiler
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/uk.d-i-y/wallstar$2055|sort:relevance/uk.d-i-y/afYgAiKfriE/Z2kMomaBMe0J

My ongoing, intermittent Wallstar oil boiler problem AGAIN!
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/uk.d-i-y/wallstar$2055|sort:relevance/uk.d-i-y/1xhGMjcNRvE/tnbgdQZyMw0J

Fxed at last! My Wallstar 15/20 oil boiler is now working properly
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/uk.d-i-y/wallstar$2055|sort:relevance/uk.d-i-y/dUtvuK75JhA/jjmZxMoWh7QJ

MM