Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Follow-up on eye exercises

gregz wrote:
"Bob F" wrote:
Moe DeLoughan wrote:
Now THAT would help a lot of people.

It would not, because it is bull****. From Quackwatch:

Since ancient times, many people have held the mistaken belief that
poor eyesight can be cured by special eye exercises.........

Too bad. Eye exercises worked for me. I haven't needed glasses for
30 years, other than occasional reading glasses the last few years
for small print.

I never heard of eye exercises, yet I was trying it myself at times.
I used one eye at a time. I could see clearer when I put glasses back
on. I always found once I put my glasses on in the morning, I had to
keep them on all day. Glasses make the eyes lazy.

I used to do regular near far focusing "stretches". In five minutes, I could get
my near focus at half the distance as when I started. Over time, the improvement
was dramatic. I can no longer focus as close, 30 years later, but still
regularly read without glasses. Small print does push my limits now.

Doctors say exercise can't help vision. Doctors say you need more exercise. Why
do they think the muscles controling vision are any different?