Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default 220V dryer sparked on startup (3 wire) What to test?

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:56:18 -0600, Nightcrawler® wrote:

It makes things easier to troubleshoot if things go wrong, and there are
certain applications where it is necessary to have specific color codes.

I noticed the aforementioned diagram shows a red and black coming out
of the transformer:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7292/1...4ba18de1_o.png

Interestingly, I see a ground on both sides of the transformer.

I wonder which ground it was that I remember seeing going down every
third power pole?