Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Caulking-Gunn@work.com is offline

Default Is it a Carport or Garage?

I was having a discussion with a guy who has a trailer home with an
attached garage. He said "it's not a garage, it's a carport". Well,
they both serve the same purpose, but that got me wondering when they
should be called a carport. Is that only when they are attached to a
trailer house? Yet I've seen identical looking structures attached to
houses....???? I've always called all of them garages. I never even
used the word "carport" until this guy mentioned it.

Is there a time and place to use the word carport, or is it just another
name for the same thing? Not that it really matters, but just
wondering.....