Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Follow-up on eye exercises

On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:29:20 PM UTC-8, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 11/18/13 09:41 pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Ophthalmologists are very unlikely to recommend exercises. That's not

how they

make their living. It did work for me. Mildly near sighted in my 30's,

I did

them for about 6 months before I no longer needed my glasses. I did

start with

some biofeedback training to learn to push my focus to the limits of

both ends

of the range.

I think you are confused The ophthalmologists I used do things like that

as well as surgery and other eye care. They will prescribe, but not

sell, eyeglasses. They are MDs that specialize in ryrs.

Optometrists prescribe and can sell eyeglasses.

Opticians fill prescriptions and sell eyeglasses.

Obviously there are ophthalmologists and ophthalmologists. The one I

went to about 15 years ago was reluctant to give me a prescription that

I could take to an optician without a good deal of persuasion on my

part. Then I found that the prescription he had given me was still

lacking one vital piece of information that was needed to obtain new

contact lenses. When I called to try to get the additional information,

he said, "Of we course we have that information here that we would use

if you were getting the lenses from us." Eventually the optician managed

to get the information that was needed.

Perce

For prescriptions, I would always choose an optometrist.

I had an iffy experience with my ophthamologist years ago. He gave me a (hasty) prescription which turned out to be wrong. Since then, I have been going to the same optometrist for many years who gives painstakingly thorough examinations. If he detects something potentially amiss, he points it out and recommends an MD ophthamologist for follow-up. My optometrist and his wife, who practice together, are always taking high-level seminars for training on new information and procedures. They will cheerfully make adjustments for no charge if glasses get bent out of shape or..

HB