Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Usenet on life support

On 11/19/2013 7:25 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

But I think it's time to bite the bullet and look for a different
online
woodworking community. I'll probably start at Yahoo groups since I
already am a member of several groups there. But if anyone has some
other woodworking group they like, I'm open to suggestions.

Good luck as you venture forth.

Might want to remember how to get back.

Lew

I feel the same way about the web based forums. There was a comment
about why the Newsgroups were disappearing, regulatory may be part of
the problem, but I think the main reason is that the provider can not
make any money from a newsgroup. While on most web forum pages, over
half the page is taken up with fixed advertising and popup advertising.
It is a matter of economics for the provider.