Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Usenet on life support

On 11/19/2013 2:04 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 11/19/2013 2:30 PM, Leon wrote:
On 11/19/2013 12:29 PM, Bill wrote:
On 11/19/2013 12:56 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
I participate in about 10 newsgroups. For most of this year, the wreck
has been the only one with any traffic. And even it has gone from
almost
100 posts a day down to 15 or 20.

The woodworking content has gotten even less. Most of the messages are
tea party members reinforcing each others paranoia.

To all of you who have provided good woodworking advice in the past,
thank you. I've even enjoyed, and taken part in, some of the more
civilized political discussions. Thanks for those as well.

But I think it's time to bite the bullet and look for a different
online
woodworking community. I'll probably start at Yahoo groups since I
already am a member of several groups there. But if anyone has some
other woodworking group they like, I'm open to suggestions.

I have been disappointed too that the "wood content" has been lean
around here this week. I guess it comes in streaks.

I occasionally visit the sites sawmillcreek.org and lumberjocks.com. The
traffic is Huge at those sites though. When someone shares a project at
lumberjock there is very rarely ever any criticism. It's mostly "Nice
job", "Atta-boy" kinda stuff. I'm not interested in twittering my way
to woodworking!

Good luck and don't wander too far!

Bill

I have been on here since the late 90's at least once each year the
traffic has slowed and people come and go.

I find this group is like a group of people with common interest meeting
for breakfast. Someday the only topic that they will consider is
someone's new project or tool, or a problem that someone is having with
their current project. Other days the world comes in and political
things get discussed. Some days you agree with the discussions and some
days you want to figuratively kill the next person who opens his mouth.

HOWEVER, I enjoy the information, the banter, and the political
discussions. As for me, I will continue to meet with all of you for
breakfast.

Good!