nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Default What's the best 1 1/2 inch P-trap to install?

I have to replace the P-trap under a bathroom sink in an apartment that's going to be vacated December 1st. I have a favourite in mind, but I'm wondering which 1 1/2 inch ABS or PVC P-trap other people would recommend and why.

Obviously, I'd want a P-trap that's adjustable with clean-out. I don't want one that glues together because then I can't take it apart to clear the overflow channel on the bathroom sink. And, it's important to have a clean out because I regularily get tenants that tell me they dropped something down the sink drain.

Also, I'm thinking I may end up replacing all the bathroom sink P-traps in my building because I'm finding that if I take one apart, no matter how meticulously I clean both ends of it, there's still a good chance of it leaking on me once I put it back together. I haven't been able to find a P-trap that uses a replaceable O-ring to make a seal, but I know of one that uses a polyethylene gasket instead, and that's what I'll go with unless someone brings something better to my attention.

I'm hoping people in here will suggest P-traps they think are good so that I can see what's available. If I end up replacing 21 bathroom sink P-traps, I don't want to find out that there was a better one I could have installed, but didn't.

Last edited by nestork : November 20th 13 at 12:13 AM