Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...... tim...... is offline

Default Security Euro cyclinder

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 19/11/2013 18:46, tim...... wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 19/11/2013 06:21, Andy Burns wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Asked to remove a high security euro cylinder today, customer had the
original instructions, but no keys.

[snippage]

It wasn't Anti Angle Grinder though :-)

was the door shut? was the lock too long i.e. protruding on either
side?

Open. Once I'd removed the handles there was about an inch protruding
from the inside.

The clue here is "on the inside"

The inside access doesn't need protection from physical destructive
attack, does it?

In fact the one that I had to have replaced (be because dozey cow who
moved out didn't give me all her keys back) didn't have any protection
from remove from the inside at all, as it had a thumb wheel

- because none of the local handymen
knew what the flip to do with it,

Sir!, Sir! I would! :-)

but you're booked up for months in advance (apparently)

(and the locksmith who replaced it said that they are pickable)

I thnk it depends on what you pay. £10 pickable, £40 not.

you don't get a high security lock for 10 quid. (I was quoted 50 something)

in fact, you don't get a security lock key for 10 quid (and that's on top of
the 50 quid)

tim