Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Beam size for a 14' span in basement.

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:44:01 +0000, thumper
wrote:

Ok I read my original post and realized I did not explained my self very
well. I took some pictures maybe they will help. The joists are 2x10 and
the center beam is 4-2x10 I want to remove the post and put a beam under
it that would span the whole 14'. I am not worried about getting it in the
building or hoisting it or the posts or the footing. I have access to skid
loaders jibs material lifts core drills and just about everything else I
could think I might need. I was hopping to get an idea of the size of the
beam for pricing materials.

Broken links fixed:

http://www.homeownershub.com/img/25

http://www.homeownershub.com/img/26