CharlieE CharlieE is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerN View Post
I got an AD7730 IC (load cell analog to digital converter) and connected to
an Arduino microcontroller and a load cell. The AD7730 chip is only on a
solderless breadboard right now, but I'm getting pretty good results. The
load cell I'm using is rated for 30Kg's and I'm able to read 1/10th of a
gram with some noise & drift. So far my microcontroller code just
configures the AD7730 chip, reads raw values and converts them to units by
responding to computer keys for zero and calibration.

I'm wanting to get this thing all together in a handheld enclosure with
rechargeable batteries, a LCD display and buttons to allow setup,
configuration, and calibration. A connector will allow me to change load
cells so I can use this with a reloading scale or a 10 ton crane scale, with
all the configuration and calibration saved for each load cell I want to use
it for, saving data for a dozen load cells shouldn't be a problem.

Just thought I'd share this in case anyone wants to mess with Arduino scales
and the AD7730 chip, I can paste my Arduino code that will help get you
started. I couldn't find any functional code with my searches so I started
with a program that wasn't working and got it going with major
modifications.

RogerN
Roger is there anyway you could share your code with me I'm also building a DYI scale for logging and would love to get a head start on it. Thanks Charlie