Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default OT - phone marketers

On 11/19/2013 11:40 AM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 11-19-2013, 09:33, Frank wrote:
But, I have a 2nd land line, used for business but put it out as my fax
number and usually don't answer it. I get an unsolicited fax at least
once a week. Imagine the millions of wasted paper and ink from these
junk faxes.

That's illegal too in USA. $1500 fine for each page of unsolicited FAX.
Of course, you have to help the government prove it.

I've mailed them to the government and reported them online but they
persist. A lot of these faxes are coming from outside the US where they
are safe to operate. Reporting these faxes is ****ing in the wind.

My original gripe is that with the US government monitoring every call
in the US and probably throughout the world, they should know exactly
what is happening and easily put a stop to it. Maybe they can't go to
Jamaica to arrest people but they should be able to get their calls
blocked.