Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak[_3_] willshak[_3_] is offline

Default Children at Risk from Detergent Pods

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/18/2013 8:08 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The Centers for Disease Control says pods represent an emerging public
health concern. Poison control centers say more than 9,500 children
have been poisoned by pods since 2012."

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/23998770/8-on-your-side-children-at-risk-from-detergent-pods

Should the pods be banned or should the adults that don't know how to
keep
poisons out of the reach of children be banned?

Better yet, if a kid ingests a poison that an adult didn't secure, that
adult has to ingest the same ratio of poison to body weight that the kid
did.

The pods are colorful and I can see a toddler grabbing one because it
does look like candy. Most of us store thing like that under the sink
too! Nothing is perfect, but some redesign of the package and wrappers
would help. Next is some common sense for the parents. that may be
tougher.

I have Finish DW detergent pods under the kitchen sink next to the DW.
I don't have kids, and very rarely get kids visiting.
I just opened one package and took a lick. It does not taste like
anything that a child or adult would find palatable.

--
Bill