Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Eyeware For Close Work On Very Small Objects?

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 12:25:59 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

My dentist has these binocular-looking things that hang over his regular
glasses.

Search ebay for "binocular loupes -lamp -light". They come in all
shapes, sizes, and magnifications. I find that 2.5x is about right
for me, but if you need more power, 3.5x is common.

Anybody have something that works in this respect and which does not
cost an arm and a leg?

Well, $40 is about typical for a binocular 2.5x x 420mm that clip onto
existing safety glasses. Here's an example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171093333822
Add about $20 for the LED illuminator.

--
Jeff Liebermann