Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default Followup: Free Gas Leak Test and Repair?

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 18:57:15 -0700, Oren wrote:

...snip....

Good things come to those who wait? I'm a fan of procrastination, but
not my bride

You have to admit that society 'trains' one to procrastinate.

For example:

1. When matriculating [is that the right word?] at Stanford, I had
everything prepared, read, planned, laid out a working schedule of
classes. Then being so prepared when I actually registered took almost two
hours! Forewarned the next year I simply showed up, almost late, and the
assisstants paniced at how late I was, so whisked me through registration.
Time? about 5 minutes.

2. DMV renewal with testing required...Showed up early waited and waited
and waited [You've seen the Gahan Wilson cartoon of the collapsed skeleton
from being forced to wait so long?] Next time [a few years later] I showed
up 10 minutes before they closed [so they HAD to take me] they all paniced
I took a written test, got a photograph and was out in less than 15
minutes.

3. Most important of all. Had a huge problem pending, hanging over my
head, that I worried about for months and months. Then, things changed and
problem evaporated. I was only out the worry, no actions reuqired.

Society TEACHES us to procrastinate.