Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bulb hard to remove-How to remove light bulb?

On 11/17/2013 10:43 PM, wrote:
I need to replace a bulb in an outdoor light socket.

Can someone tell me how to remove this broken bulb?

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/y...cket/light.jpg

Is this a "screw-in"type? It's not coming out with normal pressure, I could put a tool on it and unscrew harder if it's just a normal screw-in bulb.

thank you,

Bill

I just looked at your picture again. Are you planning to replace just
the tube or remove the screw in ballast too? The tube pulls straight out
but the ballast does unscrew. You may have to remove the ballast in
order to work/pull/pry the lamp out of it. It looks as though it may be
corroded and possibly stuck. ^_^

TDD