Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default 12 volt lithium battery drill/impact driver- recommendations?

On 11/18/2013 6:07 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

Can you name a UPS that will actually do what you said, signal to shut
down the satellite receiver/DVR? I don't know of any satellite DVR's
that actually communicate with a UPS to power down.

No - I can't. I don't know that DVR's can receive a signal from a UPS. I
was (maybe mistakenly) speaking of how a UPS typically associates with a
computer. Most provide a signalling for low battery to allow for the
computer to shutdown.

Exactly, however the major satellite providers don't offer this feature
but if they could that would mean that even a crappy UPS would work just
fine even though it might not offer protection from it's won from brown
out.

Another case of
people not knowing or caring enough to really understand, and simply
buying blind eye, wishful confidence.

I think you may be FOS.

What? Me?

First Offering Sarcasm. ;~)